Outdoor Family Adventures: A Guide to Making Safe and Fun Outdoor Family Adventures
A comprehensive guide for families looking to start their camping adventures. Take a look through our wonderful book which will provide guidance and insight into world of camping outdoors. With over 60 pages full of tips, tricks, photos, how-tos, and camping recipes you will find a little of everything to get you started in planning your first or next outdoor adventure. The below table of contents gives a brief overview of all of the wonderful content included within.
- What Kind of Camping Do You Want To Do?
- Summer, Winter, Spring or Fall
- How to pick the best tent
- How to pick the best backpack
- How to pick the best sleeping bag
- Dressing for the weather
- Campfires and setting up camp
- All About Gourmet Camping Food
- Fun Activities While Camping
- Play it Safe – Packing a First Aid Kit
- Staying in Touch
- Set boundaries and follow them
- Getting There Can Be Fun – Keeping Kids Happy
- Destination Suggestions
- 10 Fun Things for Kids To Do
- What About Fido?
- Camping Recipes
Day hiking is becoming more popular with campers of all ages. Anyone capable of walking long distances can certainly do this. A day hikers’ objective is to hike or walk for the day and return to the place of origin that same day, usually, as night approaches their campsite. Even if you have young children or are not in tip-top shape you should be able to find some easy trails to hike around your campsite. Focus on your own skills and comfort when you are planning your hike. There are many apps now that will help you select the trail that is best for you, whether it be steep, craggy slopes, or flat and short.