Mediterranean Camp Mix
This wonderful mix of sweet peppers, green olives, cheeses, and garlic will make a great addition to any lunchtime meal. Use as a side dish to accompany a great sandwich or eat it by itself. The Mediterranean Greek Camp Mix can be made ahead to marinate and is quite a filling little burst of flavor out on the trail.
Pint Mason Jars Optional
- 1 cup Roasted Garlic Cloves
- 8 oz Stuffed red sweet peppers
- 1 jar Green Olives
- 1 pkg Pearl Mozzarella balls
- 6 oz Feta cheese Crumble
- 1 stalk Cilantro Chopped finely
- 1/8 cup Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper To taste
Mix all ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
1 cup Roasted Garlic Cloves, 8 oz Stuffed red sweet peppers, 1 jar Green Olives, 1 pkg Pearl Mozzarella balls, 6 oz Feta cheese, 1 stalk Cilantro, 1/8 cup Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper
Store in a tupperware container or in mason jars for a trail meal
Camp Hero Notes:
- My local grocery store has pre-roasted garlic that I use for this recipe but you can roast your own. I purchase one container of garlic near the deli section.
- Some grocers, in their deli section, also carry the stuffed red sweet peppers. The ones I purchase have feta in them and are coated in oil. If yours are similar you can reduce the amount of olive oil and just use the oil the peppers come in.
- While I recommend a jar of green olives, the deli section of your grocer likely has different assortments of greek olives. Give all of them a try!
- Make ahead and store in mason jars. These are water-tight and make it easy to toss in your day pack for a lunch on the trail.
- You could also slice up some prosciutto or other Italian meats into this if serving at camp.